Overview of The Telos Blockchain Network
The Telos Blockchain Network (TBN) is a sustainable decentralized EOSIO network. It is an alternative network based on the same EOSIO code as use by EOS Mainnet. It aims to solve the key problems of EOS Mainnet; including, but not limited to:
1. Economic decentralization – Reducing the impacts from EOS whale addresses.
2. Equitable pay structure for active and standby Block Producers (BPs).
3. DApp developer-friendly with proprietary DApps and lower cost of deployment.
4. RAM Management tools to control RAM price fluctuations.
5. Sound Governance Framework.
6. Block Producers (BPs) Compliance Management.
By Douglas Horn, Author of Telos Whitepaper
“The EOS dream will not come true until it fixes
its centralization problems.”
– Juan M. Villaverde, Weiss Ratings
TELOS Vs EOS Mainnet
According to Telos Whitepaper, TBN supports the blazing fast execution and scalability that comes from EOSIO code base. On top of it, it tries to ensure decentralization with the goal to make Delegated Proof of Stake (DPoS) sustainable. There are three key takeaways:
Telos developed comprehensive Governance Framework covering almost every aspect. It consists of eight (8) governance documents. swedencornet is proud co-author and contributor in developing this Governance Framework and documents.
It covers aspects like ongoing block producer elections, worker proposal funding, arbitration mechanics, dispute adjudication, election of telos foundation board, and data protection.
The TBN supports blazing fast transactions and massive scalability (on the same scale as EOS). The block time is 0.5 seconds.
One of the major competitive edge that Telos provide is a secure, stable, cost-effective network for deploying world class Dapps. Thanks to RAM Administration that Developers can expect affordable RAM prices. TBN also supports both open-source or proprietary smart contracts with no transaction fees.